Enthusiastic, player-centered coaching that facilitates and enhances player development without neglecting weaknesses through a holistic, individualized approach.
Player Physical Preparation
ZSA coaches know each player and they are trained in the ability to develop a player’s physical capacity in a safe and controlled manner.
- This can improve physiological fitness.
- As well as reduce the risk of injury.
- Coaches understand the importance of considering the needs of players at different physiological stages and ages.
Player Physiological Fitness Development
In developing players we must build the ‘foundation’ first slowly and with impeccable quality
- There is NO Fast Track!!
- Building a strong foundation post-puberty lays the cornerstones for a physique that will last a career
Our coaching staff is educated on the type of injuries which occur in soccer for all age groups. They are trained on how to prepare players to prevent injuries on the field
- Common Injuries Growing Player
- Common Injuries Developed player
Warm-Up & Flexibility
Coaches will perform warm-up and flexibility exercises before each training session and each game.
- The use of flexibility training and stretching
- The benefits of an appropriate warm-up
- Warm-Up Match Day
- Warm-Up Training
Speed & Agility
The importance of speed and agility in modern football. Drills will focus on the following skills. During matches players rarely sprint in a straight line at top speed.
- Repeated high-speed efforts that include many changes of direction are performed.
- Individual Player Speed
- Speed & Agility Training that focuses on balance, coordination, and multi-directional speed
- All Year Round speed development is linked to strength development.
- Speed Training in EVERY warm-up!
Our coaching staff understands the energy systems which are used by youth players. We evaluate and train on the type of movements that players complete in a match. Then we focus on how long an average player spends in possession of the ball and how to improve that short period of time on the ball. Each coach will evaluate
- Training Considerations for each age group
- Aerobic Training
- Anaerobic Training
Strength & Power
- The use of strength and power by football players on the pitch
Nutrition & Wellbeing
- The need for football players to understand how nutrition and wellbeing can impact performance